Watching good fashion movies is important if you want to make a career in fashion because they can provide valuable insights into the industry. These movies can give you a glimpse into the creative process of designers, the behind-the-scenes work that goes into fashion shows, and the history of fashion. They can also inspire you with new ideas and perspectives, and show you the importance of attention to detail and hard work. Additionally, watching fashion movies can help you stay up-to-date on trends and styles, and help you develop your own personal aesthetic. By understanding the history and culture of fashion through movies, you can gain a deeper appreciation and understanding of the industry, which can help you succeed in your own fashion career.
If you like the fashion world, here are some movies you might enjoy:
1. The Devil Wears Prada (2006) - The story of a young woman who lands a job as an assistant to the editor of a top fashion magazine.
2. Coco Before Chanel (2009) - The story of how Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel rose to become one of the most iconic fashion designers of all time.
3. Yves Saint Laurent (2014) - A biopic of the legendary fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent, focusing on his early career and personal life.
4. Phantom Thread (2017) - A drama about the relationship between a renowned dressmaker and his muse.
5. Bill Cunningham New York (2010) - A documentary about the life and work of the legendary fashion photographer Bill Cunningham.
6. Valentino: The Last Emperor (2008) - A documentary about the life and career of fashion designer Valentino Garavani.
7. The September Issue (2009) - A documentary that follows the making of the September 2007 issue of Vogue magazine.
8. Funny Face (1957) - A classic musical comedy about a fashion photographer who discovers a new model.
9. Advanced Style (2014) - A documentary about the lives and fashion of seven stylish women in their 60s and 70s.